Where are you located? What days do you work?
Take a look at the contact page for that info.
How much do you charge? "What will this cost?"
I work at an hourly rate of $175 with a fixed minimum charge of $90. This rate is non-negotiable. Some work estimated at less than an hour may be priced per piece at my discretion.
How do consults and deposits work?
An in-person consult is standard before moving forward.
- Email me to schedule a consult.
- PRINT AND BRING YOUR REFERENCE IMAGES TO YOUR CONSULT!
- I also have pinterest account if you'd like to send me additional images in the form of a board (as an addition to, not a replacement of, printed images).
There is no charge for the consult. They are scheduled for 30 minutes maximum each.
Deposits are required to schedule a tattoo appointment. They are non-refundable, no exceptions. The amount is based on the length of the appointment ($50 per hour).
Deposits come off the final charge or last session of your completed tattoo but are forfeit and must be replaced in order to continue work if you:
- are more than 15 minutes late
- don't arrive at your appointment
- don't give 48 hours notice to reschedule
- don't elect to schedule your next appointment
- reschedule repeatedly consecutively
- decide to change the design we agreed to, which is discussed at the consult, either in part or in whole.
- your actions, in an other way, prevent us from completing the work we have planned
Can I see my drawing before the appointment? Will you email it to me?
- I do not send drawings nor do "drawing reviews", no exceptions. If you've viewed my portfolio, trust me as an artist, and gave me the info I need at the consult there is no need to "check" the drawing.
- Very minor tweaks may be made to the drawing the day of your appointment if they are needed. Major changes, redraws, or any other change that takes significant time will require a reschedule and a new deposit to be placed.
Do you tattoo anyone under 18 with a parent's consent?
Absolutely not under any circumstances. There are no exceptions. You must be 18 or older with valid government issued identification.
How do I make an appointment?
Please email me using the contact page. I currently schedule three months out maximum.
Can I make an appointment, consult with you, or communicate with you via skype, phone, or social media?
No. I only conduct business via email and only consult in person. For out of state clients I will consider discussing designs over email on a piece by piece basis. Please visit my contact page to send me a message.
What is your wait time?
Between 1 to 8 weeks depending on the flexibility of your schedule. Saturdays book out first and farthest.
Do you take walk-ins?
I'm usually booked so it is best to make an appointment but feel free to call the shop or stop by to find out if I'm free.
Last minute openings will usually be announced on Instagram.
Can I bring someone with me to my appointment?
No. Only the client will be allowed in the work area.
I reccomend that your ride, friends, family, etc. research other establishments in the area where they can comfortably wait for you.
The waiting area in tattoo shops are generally small and needed by clients.
Can I bring my child/niece/nephew/ under 18 friend or family member?
ABSOLUTELY NOT. You must find other arrangements for your children.
What if I need to reschedule?
- Email me directly as soon as possible. 48 hours is required to retain your deposit.
- If an emergency arises that causes me to reschedule you (illness, etc.) I will email you as soon as I know and make every effort to find you a new appointment time as soon as possible.
Do you tattoo minors (under 18)?
- I do not. Even with parent permission and a good argument. I don't feel comfortable doing so.
Do you do _________ tattoos?
- Cosmetic tattoos? Genitals? White ink? - NO
- Temporary or Fake tattoos? Earlobe or Ear Cartilage? - NO
- Inner Lip or Tongue? Rings, or Ring Fingers? - NO
- Bottom or sides of the foot? Micro Tattoos? - NO
- Face Tattoos? Hand Tattoos? - NO
- Most of these tattoos do not heal or last well, others are outside of my purview. I will not do work that is likely to age poorly due to any reason.
Do you do tattoo parties?
Absolutely not. Please don't ask.
Why do you have so many rules?
To ensure the experience of the client and artist is as enjoyable, constructive, and uncomplicated as possible. In other words, so I can give you the best tattoo I can.
If you can not or will not respect my policies and boundaries then I recommend researching another artist to work with. Another artist's way of conducting business may be better suited to the experience you're looking for.